Enjoy years of basketball in your driveway. This Atlas Portable lifetime goal is great from the 5 year old using a junior sized ball to your teenager practicing on the high school team. The extra
large base provides portability as well as stability. The larger-than-normal backboard of 52” ensures you can make wide bank shots.
1558 Backboard Specs:
- Backboard dimensions: 52 inches W x 33 inches H.
- Backboard material: transparent polycarbonate.
- Polycarbonate is about 30 times stronger than acrylic with similar dimensions.
- Backboard Frame: 1” thick steel frame around perimeter and behind center.
1558 Rim/Hoop Specs:
- Steel regulation size 18” diameter Rim.
- Rim Color: Orange
- Hardware Configuration: Dual Compression Springs for competitive dunking.
- Net Hooks: Steel (not clip-on) welded net hooks for net attachment.
- Net: All-weather cotton white net.
1558 Atlas Pole Specs:
- Extension arms: 22” overhang between pole and backboard
- Pole Diameter: 3.5” round (standard size)
- Pole Material: Steel with powder-coated paint finish to prevent rust
- Pole Color: Black
- Main pole shape: round.
- Main pole structure: 3 pieces with top pole cap to prohibit rain water.
- Height adjustment name: Action Grip.
- Gray handle with a trigger. Trigger squeeze releases mechanism to slide up and down on track channel located on back of pole. Releasing trigger locks hoop into place.
- Action Grip uses included counter-balance spring technology to raise and lower the backboard.
- Adjustment Increments: Rim height adjusts from 7.5 feet to 10 feet in 6-inch increments.
- Adjustment Height: lowest height is 7.5 accommodating the average 6 year old and highest height 10’ which is High School/NBA regulation height.
Portable Base Specs:
- Base Material: Expandable plastic. Designed to freeze solid with water in winter. No anti-freeze necessary.
- Base size: Extra large – largest Lifetime size available. 49” deep x 32.5” wide
- Fill Material: 35 gallons of water or sand. Fill plug on top and drain plug on side for portability. About 50% of water must be drained to easily move around. Replacement caps available.
- Wheels: 2 wheels in front. Tipping forward allows the hoop to roll to another location. Replacement bases available.
- Warranty: 5-years manufacturer’s warranty. Copy of receipt required. Rims and backboards damaged from falling over are not covered. Please ensure you follow the owner’s manual instructions to
prevent the Atlas 1558 from falling over.
- Footprint dimensions: 49 inches L x 32.5 inches W.
- Shipping Time: 5-7 days from time of purchase. Delivered FedEx – no signature required. Tracking automatically emailed to customer.
- 30-day money back guarantee on all Lifetime Portable basketball systems.
- Shipping weight: about 105 lbs.
- Shipped dimensions: 52.5 inches L x34 inches W x 10.375 inches H.
View Atlas 1558 Portableon Competitive Edge Products, Inc for a low price guarantee option.
View our directory of installers for help installing your Lifetime 1558.
Model 1558 vs Model 90176
There is no difference between the Lifetime model 1558 and Lifetime model 90176 besides the colors of the backboards. That's right. They have the same size board, same rim, same pole,
same base, and the same adjustment mechanism? Which do most people choose? The answer is the model 1558. However, many or most of the customers probably don't know about the
80176 model and the differences - at least until now. So, it boils down to the price and the graphics. The graphics on the 90176 are definitely more conservative and